Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click

I will get straight to the point:


COMPUTERS CAUSE AMNESIA


Care for me to elaborate? Okay.


I got on my laptop (aka lappy) today after my class. Now, when getting onto the computer I always have clear set intentions for what I want to do once on the computer. BUT once lappy is turned on, I FORGET!! I may be the only one, or maybe it’s due to my horribly crippling ADD, but once that screen lights up… I am a goner.


It’s like that plan of action is a piece of chocolate cake, gone as soon as it is presented in front of me. The only exception being that I do not eat ideas… if that was possible I believe I would be considered a much more intelligent person than I am at this particular moment.


Now here is what happens.
1. I open lappy
2. I pull up google
3. I check facebook
4. I find a cool quote for facebook
5. I check my friends blogs
6. I check my email
7. I check my other email
8. I check the weather
9. I stumble
10. I REALIZE THAT I FORGOT WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!


Then I sit thinking for a few minutes about what I was supposed to be doing. Then I give up and watch movies on Logan’s Netflix account.




Now this whole thing just happened to me. And what I am trying to comprehend is why my memory rots away in this situation daily. AND if this memory rotting has been happening multiple times a day since the day I first got lappy… how many brain cells slash memory cells (or whatever) have died in this process of daily rottage?


No wonder this country is full of morons. Prime example:




These stupid idiots.




















Now after blogging this I have realized what my intention was in the first place, to look at courses for next quarter. So before leaving to do that I shall provide you with this warning:


Set a goal before getting on your laptop about what you want to while on the computer. And remember this goal by ANY. MEANS. NECISSARY.


Its okay if you need to write it…..
1. On a post it
2. With alphabet soup
3. Painted on the wall
4. Cut into your friend’s forehead
5. With pixie stix
6. Or even in old chewed up gum


Just remember. Time wasted on the interwebs you can never get back….


With this I leave you with a short quote.


Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks






Oh! And these short videos.


Define the Internet


Twittersphere




P.S. Someone needs to shoot the Twitter bird

No comments:

Post a Comment